It is not to say that Construction sites are entirely dangerous and no doubt that they are risk free. Whether it is building or repairing a structure, there are still many processes that come with working in these conditions. As a result, it is definitely necessary that laborers be given the proper and safe state to spent their time and effort to work in.
Required? Yes, it is, businesses and contractors should endow vast protection for their own employees. With many electrical and chemical working workers can be exposed to, many medical issues can arise.
The construction market constantly exaggerates economic progress when there is an upsurge, which often leads to productive market growth. As anticipated, the skills shortages emerge, with material shortages also reported in the house building sector, which was the first to emerge from the previous recession.
The preceding 2007 CDM Regulations are being replaced to make it easier and convenient for everyone involved to understand what they need to the job safely. Petite and average size construction businesses will have to make a plan and manage health and safety when the Construction Regulations 2015 come into force. This means that for the first time in construction work, whether it’s a new bathroom fit out or an extension will need a construction phase.
The Key changes of the New CDM Regulations 2015
• The revised legislation applies to all projects including for the first time domestic jobs.
• All projects must have a written construction phase plan.
• The role of CDM coordinator in the previous CDM Regulations 2007 has been removed and replaced with a new role of principal designer.
• There is a duty to make sure all persons doing the job have the right skills, knowledge, training and experience.
• Some domestic and non-domestic projects will have to be notified to the Health and Safety Executive by the client.